Monday, February 4, 2008

Guatemala






Guatemala

You would think a retired school teacher would never visit a school on vacation. I saw this “compound” fortified with razor wire and being, “Spanish challenged”, I finally figured it was a school. I walked to the barred door and peered inside-smiled at the receptionist and asked her, in “gringo sign language” if I might come inside and take a look. It’s amazing what you can see and do if you don’t fear rejection. The inside was austere but clean; devoid of pictures and posters, but functional (I must stopping watching wine tasting shows).
The kids were typical kids-waving and wanting their picture taken. After disrupting their classes, I’m sure the teachers referred to us as Pendejo Americans.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home