Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Road Trip Kentucky Catfish,Corvettes, Old Friends


Factory tours are great! One of my favorite TV shows is "How It's Made". What's better than visiting the actual assembly plant-making Corvettes. It's a "WOW" and makes you want to run out and buy a new Vette.

One summer I attended Western University in Bowling Green-spent many evenings at a "road house" drinking pitchers of beer and eating catfish and hush puppies. It was there that I met a wonderful friend-Kentucky Jim. He is the only person that makes my name (Bill) into a two syllable word-Be-ell. I never pass through Ky without visiting him. Guess what we ate? No, not catfish-crappie .

We're about home-2450 miles and I have an empty pack. If you read my blog, you know I am a big fan of "NR'S" (never return) clothes. You wear-em, toss-em and you ride, canoe, or walk home with an empty pack. I leave a "Trail of Tears" (torn, worn, clothes)!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home