Friday, December 3, 2010

Clearfield County "Deer Hunting"






I was all set for the first day of buck season- hunting in the same area of Clearfield County that I have hunted for over 50 years. The day was so beautiful with lots of sun but enough cold to be "deer season". I asked myself some questions: did I want to shoot a deer, gut one, skin one, cut it up and then eat it? No-No NO.
I grabbed my camera and hopped on my mountain bike and rode, rode, rode. The beaver were going crazy on the poplar trees felling them everywhere. I rode along some small creeks and some big ones-saw seven deer-all girls. They didn't seem too concerned with the bicycle but it was the first day and they hadn't been hassled-yet. There are numerous natural gas wells in the area and they need large quantities of water when installed. Check out the drilling permit-it allows for 2 million gallons a day to be drawn from the creek. The day ended with a remarkable sunset. I was happy being "deerless in Clearfield".

1 Comments:

At January 10, 2018 at 3:29 AM , Blogger Thomas Venney said...

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home