Friday, June 22, 2012

Semi Wild Hog's Great Lakes Tour-North Bay Ontario

    We arrived at North Bay after a hard day's ride-dirty and tired-we needed a place to stay and shower.  I chcked for campgrounds- nothing!  I then called a few motels and they were all filled- it was graduation day !  I belong the the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America and they publish a booklet listing members who offer services to touring bikers.  They range from camping spots to tool loaning and trailer pick-up for broken down bikes.  I checked the North Bay  Listing and there were three guys and one had offered camping.  I called and in 15 minutes he met us at Tim Hortons and we followed him back to the house.  His name was Marty and a really nice guy.  He told us not to bother setting up tents as we could stay in his large travel trailer parked in the yard.  Yes- a bathroom-queen bed, TV-Life is Good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home