Monday, February 4, 2008

Guatemala





I'm always getting the same cruise question-each year friends ask what ports we are visiting. I politely answer- I don't know-and I really don't-nor do I care. The cruises are reasonably priced (thanks to Carol Kasper) and we are escaping the boring cold sleet and snow. It's a win, win, situation.
Guatemala was one port that was new for us. Cruise ships have just started stopping there in the last few years. The country is rough, virgin, and very tourist friendly.
We seldom take the ship's excursions-I enjoy bargaining on my own. Our group of six headed to the mountain rain forest. It was one of the best I have seen-dense plant growth with numerous cascading waterfalls. The jungle was so thick-even Tarzan would be challanged to have a "swinging time"!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home