Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Packing for Alaska











Bruce and I have been planning this trip for months. The first major concerns were the motorcycles. We had them gone over completely-new tires, fluids, plus checking and adjusting everything.
Clothing is another problem as space is limited. I’m a big believer in NR’s (never return). My pack is loaded with clothing that will find a new home in Alaska and the Yukon.
I bought some rash creams plus a special type that triathlon athletes use- Belgium Butter. It is supposed to be excellent in preventing chaffing. You know the old saying, “When the boys aren’t happy-no one is”. (maybe that was Mamma).
We have some pretty neat electronics. I broke down and bought an Ipod and Bruce loaded it with 2000 songs-I hope they aren’t Rap! We also have intercoms for bike to bike communication. No longer will we have to make questionable and inappropriate hand gestures to signal each other-when we pass a shapely female or need fuel or a “pit stop tree”.
As for food, we hope to eat out as often as possible-avoiding the chains, seeking out local diners and dives. We will have to cook in remote area and for this, Bruce is the man. He is like MacGyver-give him a pocket knife and he will make a boat. I think I will be looking forward to a meal at Shady Maple in five weeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home