Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Leaving Conrad-with sadness











"We're Back In The Saddle Again" - I can still hear Roy or Gene singing that song in the 50's. Yes-we are riding again-thanks to the wonderful folks at Bliss Motors. If any of you riders need MC repairs, oil change, or anything, this is the place to go. Paul, the mechanic even called BMW to get the correct torque requirements. The price was great and the work was excellent-thanks so much.

I find this fact amazing-the parts I needed were shipped from Virginia at two in the afternoon and they arrived in Conrad around two the next afternoon. I haven't received the shipping bill yet-but I am prepared.




I want to thank the people in Conrad--you are the greatest The day we were leaving we stopped in the super market to get some fruit ( What are the symptoms of beri beri?). The check out lady asked if our bikes were fixed yet. We said how did you know She said, "Small Town".





I Love Marge! The night before we left I asked her to go out drinking with me-as a date. She said I was 40 years too late She is a feisty character and if you read this blog-you know I am a "Character Magnet". Marge is a good example of not judging a book by the cover. She told me she had a 10,000 acre ranch outside of town. She gave me one of her ram's heads as a souvenir.and I put it on the back of my bike. We are headed for Sturgis so I should fit in (not really-with a BMW).





Goodbye to Barbie of the Chamber, Harold of the Historical Soc and Helen of the Art Soc, to the wonderful folks at the Moose, and especially Paul, Kurt, Larry and all at Bliss Motors. As MacArthur said. "I shall return"!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home