Saturday, December 12, 2015

What is a Fidget Quilt?

What is a fidget quilt?
A small quilt made with different textured cloths and often adorned
with buttons, zippers, or other objects to help
busy the nervous hands of an Alzheimer’s or
dementia patient.

     I decided to make one for a friend of mine as a Christmas Present.  The race car was donated by his grandson-the wheels turn making it good for nervous fingers. 

     I'm not much of a "sewer"  but making the quilt was a lot of fun.  I guess I love all machines and all things mechanical.
 
     There are two pockets-one with Velcro and the other with a working zipper  The bolt and nuts can move up and down the shaft but I flattened  the end so they can't come off.



The little tiger has Velcro on each paw enabling it to "leap" on and off the quilt!

The letters spelling H A L  were cut from Pa. License Plates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home