Monday, June 29, 2009

June 27-Quakertown to Alaska




We have covered 2674 miles and still have a long way to go. If the entire North America is analogous to an elephant, and you eat an elephant one bite at a time-then I've just worked my way up the tail and I don't like what I see. Remember, we have another 2585 to go 'till Alaska and then we get to do it all over again.


We have camped five straight days -no shower and my NR's are depleting rapidly. We had granola bars and jerky for the past several nights- I feel scurvy is just around the corner.


Now the good news-I LOVE IT! I believe everyone needs a little physical adversity in their lives - to appreciate and be thankful for what you have.


Glacier Park is beautiful and the day we arrived, they had just opened the Highway to the Sun. The road had been closed by a severe avalanche-check the pictures as it was a mess.




Travel Tip #$- Make sure your Master Card still works in a foreign country. I always use Discover and was I ever shocked when it was rejected at a gas station (no one takes Discover up here) I call the to free number and I was told that Peggy is the primary person. I'm screwed- till she gets back from the Mediterranean). I either hang out by toll booths or charge to Bruce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home